Baptist Health Fort Smith (BHFS) has opportunities for Family Medicine and Internal Medicine physicians to practice in a variety of outpatient clinics.
- There are currently at least six locations that have growth needs throughout Fort Smith and Van Buren.
- Great opportunity to assume a busy/growing patient base.
- Large referral network of 30 primary care physicians employed by BHFS
- H1 and J1 visa sponsorship available
- Fort Smith is the second-largest city in Arkansas on Arkansas-Oklahoma state border and situated at the confluence of the Arkansas and Poteau rivers.
- Recognized by Forbes as having the lowest cost of living in the US, Fort Smith offers an abundance of recreational and cultural amenities, making this a great place to raise a family.
About Fort Smith, Arkansas
Fort Smith is the second-largest city in Arkansas with an estimated population of 86,200. Fort Smith lies on the Arkansas-Oklahoma state border, situated at the confluence of the Arkansas and Poteau rivers, also known as Belle Point. The city has recently been named by Forbes as having the lowest cost of living in the United States.
Activities around town include something for everyone – from 316 acres of public park space for outdoor enthusiasts to museums – including the Fort Smith Regional Art Museum, Fort Smith Museum of History, Fort Smith Trolley Museum, and the Fort Smith Air Museum – and an active music scene. There are frequent live performances in the downtown area by local and national Jazz, Blues, Country, and Rock bands. Local bands regularly frequent the riverfront area highlighting the river valley's finest. Many are featured at the Fort Smith Riverfront Blues Fest, held since 1991.
Fort Smith is also home to the University of Arkansas at Fort Smith, founded in 1928, and the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine, a private, non-profit institution, which welcomed its inaugural class in August 2017.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact: