SIU Medicine in Springfield, Illinois is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics. This is an exciting time to be a part of this distinguished and growing program. The position offers an appointment in Pediatrics and will report to the Chief of the Department of Pedicatrics. Candidates with specialty interests in learning disorders, ADHD, regulatory disorders, autism, developmental delays are encouraged to apply. Furthermore, the incumbent has the opportunity to develop their clinical component in the specialty interest of their choosing. The Pediatric program at SIU Medicine delivers state of the art full service pediatrics and performs the entire spectrum of procedures.
As a member of the Departments of Pediatrics at SIU Medicine, the incumbent will represent the Department in a manner to enhance its patient care, educational, and research mission. SIU School of Medicine has received national recognition for innovation in medical education and offers a welcoming environment for dedicated clinicians who love to teach. SIU is affiliated with Children’s Hospital, which is a tertiary referral center for central and southern Illinois with a trauma-certified PICU and 40-bed level III NICU.
Highlights of the position include:
- SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE
- Developing a 100% Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics practice. Clinical service is 75% and 25% is teaching/research/quality initiatives.
- Demonstrated community need for Behavioral and Developmental Pediatrician.
- Opportunity for future leadership appointment.
- Working closely with highly respected, fellowship-trained pediatric subspecialists.
- Collaborating with faculty nationally recognized for innovative medical education, cutting-edge research and quality healthcare.
- Teaching, mentoring, and providing training for medical students and residents.
- A highly competitive salary, excellent benefits package and University funded malpractice plan.
- Great work/life balance in Springfield, IL, a “Top Places to Live” community.
- Family oriented neighborhoods, excellent schools, affordable housing and abundance of cultural and recreational activities.
- Easy access to metropolitan amenities in Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis.
Qualifications: Must have a MD or DO degree and be board eligible/board certified in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatircs by the American Board of Pediatrics. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois. J-1 and H-1B visa sponsorship available.
For full consideration: A letter of interest and curriculum vitae should be directed to the executive search firm:
Jordan Search Consultants c/o Matt Jordan by email, [email protected]; by phone, 314.299.7222; or by mail to Jordan Search Consultants, 113 Church Street, O’Fallon, MO 63366.
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled employer