Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Illinois is seeking faculty members to join a growing Family/Geriatric Medicine program. This is an exciting opportunity to take part in the expansion and enhancement of a department that is foundational for the delivery of exemplary primary care and to SIU School of Medicine for the critical role it plays in education.
Highlights of the position and area include:
- Expanding geriatric programming and clinical service with significant growth potential.
- Collaborative and experienced interprofessional geriatric team to include; physician, nurse, advanced practice professional, social worker, behavioral health, dietician, pharmacist and care coordinator.
- Teaching, mentoring, and supervising medical students and resident physicians in outpatient nursing home and hospital setting.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits package and University funded malpractice plan.
- “Top Places to Live” community offers abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
- Family oriented communities, excellent schools and affordable housing.
- Easy access to metropolitan amenities in Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis.
Qualifications: Must be board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or American Board of Internal Medicine. Completion of geriatric fellowship is preferred. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois. Demonstrated background and interest in academics required with excellent communication skills and propensity for leadership desired.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact: Amy Taylor, Search Consultant at [email protected]. Or call 636.542.4813 (office).